Lunchtime Keynote Speaker:
After seven novels with traditional publishers and experiments with independent publishing, author and writing teacher Tom Leveen presents several of the pitfalls, traps, and realities of the full-time fiction-writing life…and encourages everyone to keep on trying.
8:30 – 11:30
- (Fiction track) Character Alchemization – Make them Live and Breathe – Connie Flynn
- (N0n-Fiction track) Becoming a Content Marketing Writer – Drew Eastmead
- (The Business of Writing track) The Business of Writing – Kris Tualla
1:30 – 4:30
- (Fiction track) Writing the Contemporary Novel – Betty Webb
- (Non-Fiction track) Expand Your Research – Expand Your Writing – Rita Ackerman
- (The Business of Writing track) Choosing an Editor – Why it is important to choose an Editor who understands your genre and you.
– Jacob Shaver, Lori Beasley Bradley & Cody Wagner
Visit www.swvwc.org for speaker bios and full descriptions of all the workshops.
- Full-Day includes: two – 3 hour workshops, lunch and the Keynote speaker.
- Half-Day includes: one – 3 hour workshop only (choose either morning or afternoon).
Lunch & the Keynote speaker may be added for an additional $10.
- Early Registration price: Half-Day $40 | Full-Day $85 (*best deal)
- Late Registration Increases: Half-Day $50 | Full-Day $95
Early registration ends September 30th
Late registration begins October 1st
For questions contact: Stacey Lindsay or visit
Thank you to Virginia G. Piper Foundation & Changing Hands Books store for their support of the conference.